board and training
Maplewood offers Board and Training services for $1,500/month.
- Stall Cleaning
- Grain/Hay - Morning/Afternoon/Night
- Show Trimming
- Mane Pulling
- Giving Supplements (provided by client)
- Holding Horse for Veterinarian/Farrier (if needed)
This package also includes up to five Group Lessons or Rides per week.
Full Grooming Service at home (grooming/tacking/untacking/cool-out) is available for an additional $300/month.
For all Boarding Options, Owner is Responsible For:
- Actual veterinary costs
- Shoeing/Hoof Trimming costs
- Regular deworming and vaccination costs (Maplewood will bill for this service)
Additional Boarding Options
Pasture board for breeding stock
Foals until weaned (no charge)
Grass hay/pasture/grain and handling for veterinarian/farrier is included for all age groups.
Age appropriate training includes halter breaking, handling of ears, teeth, tail, advanced foal training, longeing with halter, leading away from herd, individual and small group training, free jumping, tying, saddling, bridling, long lining, etc.
Ungelded colts over 1 year of age will require additional training costs of $250/month or more as necessary to ensure a well-mannered, trainable stallion.
- Spacious 20-acre pasture
- Daily care and maintenance
Qualified horses may retire at our beautiful facility. Owner is responsible for hoof trimming costs, vaccinations and deworming on a regular schedule (Maplewood will bill for this).
Please call for more details and availability (775) 849-1849.
Sale horse consignment
- $100/initial evaluation
- 10% commission
- Includes all Board and Training services listed above with the following additions:
- Listing on website/advertisements
- Videos/photos sent to interested buyers
Includes four rides per week with a Maplewood trainer.
- Includes under saddle training
- Grass hay/pasture/grain
Includes continued 2-year-old training (see above) as well as spending time in a stall and starting under saddle, including walk, trot, canter, leads, rhythm, rider aids and manners.
- Includes full training in main barn (see above for details)
Includes continued 3-year-old training as well as more advanced flatwork, gymnastics, low-level jumping and preparation for horse shows.
- Mares in Foal ($600/month)
- Mares with Foal ($700/month until weaning)
Includes grass hay/pasture/grain, daily care and maintenance.